Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA Central Western Massachusetts Healthcare System
- Spring and Summer Outreach Schedule Announced
- Veterans in central and western Massachusetts have several upcoming opportunities this spring and summer to enroll in VA health care and get information about VA programs during public outreach events.
- Strive for a healthy weight
- Want to get in shape for the summer? Veterans enrolled in VA health care can register for MOVE!, a national weight management program designed to help Veterans lose weight, keep it off and improve their health.
- Women in Science and Technology
- Join us for our celebrationof Women's History Month as we recognize women who have made significant contributions in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- Eat right, your way, every day
- Nutrition professionals, known as Registered Dietitians, or RDs, are food and nutrition experts, translating the science of nutrition into practical solutions for healthy living.
- Flu season in full force
- This year's flu is the worse in years. It's not too late to get the flu shot. It's the best way to protect you and your family from influenza is to get a flu shot.
- Don't Give Up On Quitting
- No matter how long you’ve been smoking or trying to quit, you can be smoke-free. Quitting smoking is a challenge, but it is also the single most important thing that you can do to improve your health.
- Stand Down stands up for our veterans
- The Western Massachusetts Stand Down was held in September to help as many of the estimated 3,000 homeless veterans in our region and to prevent veterans believed to be at risk of homelessness from being without a place to live.
- Big VA outreach planned for The Big E, Springfield Clinic
- New England Veterans have two upcoming opportunities to enroll in VA health care and get information about VA programs during two public outreach events in September, including Military Appreciation Day on the opening day of The Big E on Friday, Sept. 14.
- New Site for Guide to Long Term Care
- Each and every program provides services tailored to the specific needs of Veterans. The new Guide also offers tools for you to plan ahead and involve your family member or support person, social worker and care team in making plans and decisions that are best for you.
- TBI Veterans to Host Adaptive Sports Seminar
- A seminar about adaptive sports will be held July 10 at the Northampton VA medical center campus in Leeds, followed by a presentation at nearby Look Park on rebumbent bikes, hand cycles and trikes.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- The Other Side of VA Dentistry
- Dr. Dai Phan provides an accurate reproduction so that dental and nasal prostheses can be fabricated — a little known service provided to Veterans who have lost part of their oral cavity due to trauma or cancer.
- Once Homeless, Veteran Now Works for VA
- Formerly homeless Veteran James Mobley, 53, now works full-time as a social services aide at the same VA domiciliary in Dublin, Ga., where he spent nearly a year in recovery.
- Fighting is My Meditation
- After serving in the Army, mixed martial arts fighter Joe Duarte found his world spinning out of control. After VA PTSD therapy, he now finds peace at home and in the ring.
- Summer Reminder: Sunglasses Protect Your Eyes
- Veterans should be cautious and protect their eyes from the sun. Good quality sunglasses are recommended when outdoors, even if it’s for a few minutes at a time.
- 10 of the Stories Most Read by Vets on VA Web Site
- The web site for the Veterans Health Administration is a helpful gateway to numerous resources for Veterans and their families. Here are just a few of the most popular features posted this past year.
- VA Health Care System Named Most Wired - Again!
- For the second year in a row, VA has been named to the 2014 “Most Wired” hospitals list, a national survey ranking hospitals leveraging health information technology in new and innovative ways.
- Nurse Navigator Simplifies the Maze for Patients
- Hospitals can be a maze. That’s why Joan Stewart and Debera Charlton are amazing. The Nurse Navigator steer patients through the treatment systems at Montana’s VA Medical Center.
- VA Hosts July 4th Ceremonies for Veterans
- Hundreds of VA employees and volunteers at VA Medical Centers across the country spend their July 4th holiday hosting special events for the men and women we serve — America’s Veterans.
- Senior Veterans Going for the Gold - One More Time
- Hundreds of Veterans are heading to the Ozark Mountains for the Golden Age Games, designed to improve the quality of life for older Veterans with a wide range of abilities and disabilities.
- I Cannot Be This Person
- Finding it hard to be home alone or feel comfortable in public places, Laura Hendrixon is determined to get better for her family and her career.