Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA Central Western Massachusetts Healthcare System
- Spring and Summer Outreach Schedule Announced
- Veterans in central and western Massachusetts have several upcoming opportunities this spring and summer to enroll in VA health care and get information about VA programs during public outreach events.
- Strive for a healthy weight
- Want to get in shape for the summer? Veterans enrolled in VA health care can register for MOVE!, a national weight management program designed to help Veterans lose weight, keep it off and improve their health.
- Women in Science and Technology
- Join us for our celebrationof Women's History Month as we recognize women who have made significant contributions in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- Eat right, your way, every day
- Nutrition professionals, known as Registered Dietitians, or RDs, are food and nutrition experts, translating the science of nutrition into practical solutions for healthy living.
- Flu season in full force
- This year's flu is the worse in years. It's not too late to get the flu shot. It's the best way to protect you and your family from influenza is to get a flu shot.
- Don't Give Up On Quitting
- No matter how long you’ve been smoking or trying to quit, you can be smoke-free. Quitting smoking is a challenge, but it is also the single most important thing that you can do to improve your health.
- Stand Down stands up for our veterans
- The Western Massachusetts Stand Down was held in September to help as many of the estimated 3,000 homeless veterans in our region and to prevent veterans believed to be at risk of homelessness from being without a place to live.
- Big VA outreach planned for The Big E, Springfield Clinic
- New England Veterans have two upcoming opportunities to enroll in VA health care and get information about VA programs during two public outreach events in September, including Military Appreciation Day on the opening day of The Big E on Friday, Sept. 14.
- New Site for Guide to Long Term Care
- Each and every program provides services tailored to the specific needs of Veterans. The new Guide also offers tools for you to plan ahead and involve your family member or support person, social worker and care team in making plans and decisions that are best for you.
- TBI Veterans to Host Adaptive Sports Seminar
- A seminar about adaptive sports will be held July 10 at the Northampton VA medical center campus in Leeds, followed by a presentation at nearby Look Park on rebumbent bikes, hand cycles and trikes.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Planting Cabbage on Earth Day in a Healing Ground
- Hundreds of Veterans have found a safe haven for dealing with a variety of issues in a Walla Walla VA “Healing Ground” garden. Thinking about things with the “clarity of fresh air.”
- Veterans and Medical Centers Celebrate Earth Day
- Veterans are seeing green as they join VA Medical Centers across the country in a variety of programs to celebrate Earth Day initiatives that help the planet and create a healing environment.
- Do You Know How Much Salt is in that Soup?
- With K-rations, you ate what you got. Today, Veterans can make smart decisions about the food they put in their body. Here’s a quick and easy summary of how to read those Nutrition Facts Labels.
- World War II Vet Says Volunteering Keeps Him Alive
- Ninety-two-year-old Orville Swett, a retired optician, has been volunteering at the VA eye clinic in Daytona Beach for 25 years. His job? Adjusting glasses for Veterans who visit the clinic.
- Dedicated Volunteers Serve Veterans for Decades
- Volunteering: the ultimate exercise in democracy. We may vote in elections once a year, but when we volunteer, we vote every day for the kind of community we want to live in.
- How Occupational Therapy Works for You
- VA's occupational therapists help Veterans participate in the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of everyday activities and occupations. Read on to learn how they do it.
- National Public Health Week - Five Days to Health
- Veterans, how many times do you exercise per week? Immunizations up to date? When was the last time you got tested for HIV? Here's VA's “Five Days to Health” challenge to help build a healthier you.
- Goal: Satisfying Sexual Relationship
- Many Veterans struggle with sexuality in their relationships. Two VA psychologists assert that a satisfying sexual relationship strengthens the whole family and it needs to be addressed.
- Winter Clinic World-Leader in Adaptive Sports
- VA's annual National Disabled Veterans Winter Sports Clinic has significantly changed the lives of thousands of disabled Veterans, reminding them of the wonder life still has to offer.
- Rehab Veterans volunteer for four-week lock down
- Unique approach to rehab. At the Topeka VA, a new voluntary alcohol and drug rehab program called 'Fresh Start' requires patients to commit to 30 days of intense therapy in a locked unit.