VA Central Western Massachusetts Healthcare System
About the Program
The mental health service at the VA Central Western Massachusetts Healthcare System provides consultation, evaluation, and treatment for a variety of issues that can impact emotional well-being.
Treatment is offered in both the inpatient and outpatient settings. Inpatient treatment includes an acute psychiatric treatment ward, a transitional care unit and a PTSD unit. Outpatient services include individual counseling and walk-in psychiatric services in the Primary Care Mental Health Clinic.
Mental health services provided include treatments for —
- depression, sadness, grief
- anxiety, worry, nervousness
- addictive behaviors
- relationship problems
- stress from medical problems and/or pain
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- emotional problems, such as managing anger
- vocational issues
- troublesome thoughts or ideas
- confused thinking
- aggressive or self-harming behaviors
- memory problems
We also provide outreach to homeless Veterans.
Mental health services are confidential. We will not talk to anyone about information you share unless you give written consent. Under federal law, a few exceptions to this rule exist. If you have questions, please ask your mental health consultant.
- VA Central Western Massachusetts Healthcare System
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm